Sunday, February 12, 2012

To Lubbock and Back (real fast)

Last weekend James and I flew to Lubbock to see our youngest daughter, Heather, join her new church.   She's having a blast in Lubbock and has made some really good friends.  Our trip was fast because Heather was in the midst of assisting with interviews for summer camp counselors (Tech Students) and didn't have a lot of free time to spare. She and her friends were definitely working hard planning and making decisions to ensure this year's camp will be special for the incoming freshmen students at Texas Tech. 

We thoroughly enjoyed the short time we had with Heather.  It was nice to get a glimpse of what her life is like as a college student/young adult. Since her roommates were all out of town, we stayed at her place.   It was nicer and cheaper than the Holiday Inn I've stayed at before.  In spite of her busy schedule, she was a very gracious hostess.  We are truly blessed to have such a sweet daughter!!

Here are a few pictures from our weekend:

Heather's home. It was so darn cold there that day!!!

Nice and clean living room.

A very modern and spacious kitchen.

Heather in her room. 


Heather has lots of friends at her church.



Heather and Caroline (a very special friend)!

Proud parents with Heather

Heather in the baptistry.

A renewed commitment and new church member.  Amen!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great trip. Her home is lovely and she is too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I'm not getting updates on when you write a new post which is why I haven't been commenting. I'll try again. Anyway, glad I saw this one! How exciting to be able to share such a special time with your girl---I know how proud of her you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leddy - Thenk you, I agree on her and the house. It was a great trip.

    Dee Dee - I don't know about the updates. That's weird. Maybe when I changed the setting (remember I explained before) on my blog name??? We are proud of Heather. She's certainly in a different place than I was at that age....

    ReplyDelete