Monday, January 23, 2012

Eat your veggies. . .Balsamic Honey Glazed Carrots

I get excited when I find good recipes for fresh vegetables.  I made this recipe tonight and had to share because it is a keeper. 

This recipe didn't come from a cookbook, but from Pinterest (www.pinterest.com). This recipe was originally posted on http://www.sowonderfulsomarvelous.com/2010/01/cooking-challenged.html --- a really cute blog site. 

Here's the recipe:

2 pounds baby carrots or 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into size of baby carrots
EVOO

Glaze for carrots:
kosher salt
2 tbsp. EVOO
3 tbsp. honey (local if possible)
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put dry carrots on a roasting pan and drizzle with EVOO (just enough to coat).  Sprinkle with kosher salt and cook  in a hot oven for about 20 minutes. The carrots should be slightly brown on the edges and tender, but not mushy.   While the carrots are roasting mix glaze.    Remove carrots from oven and pour glaze over the carrots. Stir carrots and coat thoroughly with the glaze.  Put carrots back in oven for another five to eight minutes.  Serve warm and enjoy!

These are delicious and a great way to get a fresh vegetable on your plate very cheaply and easily!!! I'm sure these would be good as leftovers too. The glaze would only soak into the carrots and make them oh so much more delicious.  If you make them - let me know what you think.  Don't be afraid - Brody (my 14 yr. old son) loved them and we didn't have any leftovers. 




2 comments:

  1. I will definitely try these! I have a mad passion for carrots! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leddie! Did you try a batch of your own yet? If so, what did you think? I love carrots too!

    ReplyDelete