Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Weekend

My boys (husband and son) brought in the New Year quietly at home. We watched the Friday Night Lights series marathon. They loved it!!!  Who knew they would love this show so much!  I think I will have to invest in a Roku box and utilize my trial Netflix subscription to see the remaining shows.

I use to make resolutions, but I just kind of keep a mental note in my head now.  My personal task list is always long and I have many project ideas swirling simultaneously in my head.  Sunday morning we spontaneously decided   to make a trip to Canton. If you have never been, consider this a strong suggestion to make the trip. It is a huge and unique flea market.  As a result of my trip, I am now the proud owner of a hen laying box and 10 pullets (young hens).  I'll be sharing more about my hens and Mr. Rooster another day.

After our quick and fun trip to Canton, we did find time to enjoy a traditional New Year's Day dinner/supper -- Hoppin' John, Ham, and steamed cabbage. YUM!

Today as I prepared mentally to get back in the work routine after the holiday (sigh), I spent my day cleaning, organizing, and cooking/preparing meals for the week (lunches and supper entrees).  I tried a crock pot  Pulled Pork Recipe from a blog site I visit often for our supper. The boys loved it, so I'll add that to my "keeper" list.

As I reflect on the past year and think about 2012, I am thankful for family, friends, and good health. My family and I are all really blessed.  Best wishes to you for a blessed 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment